Бар-караоке "УХО и МЕДВЕДЬ"
Бар-караоке УХО и МЕДВЕДЬ в Находке - КАФЕ на ДРОВАХ

What would prevent 2 computers on a lan from communicating by TCP/IP?

Поиск  Пользователи  Правила 
Закрыть
Логин:
Пароль:
Забыли свой пароль?
Войти

Страницы: 1
RSS
What would prevent 2 computers on a lan from communicating by TCP/IP?

Hello,

My home network is a simple setup, broadband into a generic wireless router, a XP Home system plugged into the router via ethernet, and a XP Pro system connected wirelessly. Both computers can hit the internet just fine, and can connect to the router. Problems arise when I want to link the computers together. I could not hit file shares on one PC from the other until I enabled Netbios. Okay, fine, now that's working. But I still want to use other types of networking between the two PC's. Even though I have a web server installed on the wireless PC. The computers can ping each other, but when the PC is internal IP address , I just get a timeout error. The computer can see itsself via 127.x though. Other stuff like library sharing via itunes is not working either. What could be causing the block here? I thought 2 computers on a LAN would be able to see each other. Neither computer is running any type of firewall software, and it has XP's own firewall enabled. Anything else I could check to try troubleshooting this?

Please help

I did not find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=316369
Creative Branding Company

Thank you
Изменено: depprussell - 14.06.2018 23:33:20

Страницы: 1
Читают тему